In order to see footsteps in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1, go to settings and select the “Visualize Sound Effects” option.
To do so,
- Open the sidebar and choose the icon that resembles a menu overlapping a gear.
- To find the audio settings, open the menu and go to the Audio tab.
- It’s labelled with a speaker icon.
- Then, under Sound Effects on the sameAudio tab, make sure “Visualize Sound” is turned on.
- When you turn on “Visualize Sound Effects” in the game, you’ll see a display on your HUD that shows where sounds are coming from and what kind of sound they are.
- There are different types of sounds that you can hear. These include footsteps, gunfire, vehicle engines, and chests.
Although this feature cannot estimate the proximity of a sound, if it is displaying footsteps, then the person is most likely very close.
Using the “Visualize Sound Effects” function can be quite helpful in determining where enemy players are, even if you’re not wearing headphones or have decent-quality surround speakers, or if your hearing is damaged for any reason.
Even if you have perfect hearing and use surround sound, having some extra visual information may be beneficial to help identify where sounds are coming from.
The fact that the sounds are displayed in the center of the screen is really useful, as opposed to sound indicators on a compass which can be easy to miss.
If you want to be a step ahead of your enemies in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1, make sure to turn on the “Visualize Sound Effects” option in your settings. This will help you locate enemy players by displaying footsteps on your HUD.
Stay safe and have fun!