Many users have Microsoft Xbox One installation stopped error and can’t figure out how to fix it. In today’s article on Goldendome.net, you will learn the top troubleshooting methods from experts to fix the stops installing problem on your Xbox One quickly.
Common Causes for the Xbox One Installation Stopped Error
You may install programs and games on the Xbox One. However, it’s a pain that the installation of the Xbox One has halted. Many people are searching for answers on Google to address this situation.
The installation stopped problem on Xbox One is frustrating, but don’t worry! Here are some reasons why it might happen and how to fix it.
- One reason your Xbox One installation might stop is if the console is trying to download an update for the game you are installing.
- One possible reason you’re having trouble loading your game is that the game files you saved to your computer are corrupted.
- The Xbox One installation stopped error may also occur when the device experiences an error or when the service is not running.
- Another often overlooked cause of the black screen is signing in with an incorrect Xbox account.Keep in mind that all Xbox games are connected to your Xbox account.
- If you don’t have enough space on your hard drive, the Xbox One game installation process may stop.
- Sometimes the old console might be the reason why your Xbox One installation isn’t working.
- It’s been said that while attempting to install an Xbox One game on an external hard drive, some users have run into difficulties.
Now that you understand the Xbox One installation stopped issue, let’s explore the following 8 methods to fix it.
Solution 1. Clear Your Local Saved Games and Try to Reinstall the Game
To repair an Xbox One installation problem without difficulty, simply follow the procedures below to remove the corrupt game files that you stored on your computer.
- Check that your Console doesn’t have a disc inserted into it.
- Press the Xbox button on the Home Screen to open the Guide menu.
- In order, go to Settings, All Settings, System, and Storage.
- Now, select Clear local saved games. (Note: only deletes the data you have saved locally)
- Select Yes when prompted. After that, restart your console to see if the problem is fixed.
Solution 2. Take Your Console Offline and Try to Install the Game
If you have an Xbox One that has been tampered with, the installation might fail when it is updating itself while being installed. As a result, it’s recommended that you turn your console off for the first time.
- Step 1. To open the guide, press the Xbox button on the Home page.
- Step 2. Click System > All Settings > Network Settings and Go offline in order.
- Step 3. After you cancel the download, follow these steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
- Scroll right on the Home Screen to select My games and applications.
- Select Queue.
- Use the Menu button on your controller to select the game you want to install.
- Select Cancel.
- Step 4. Follow the steps below to remove the game disc from your console and restart it:
- Refer back to the Guide and click on Settings.
- To restart your console, select the Restart console option and then select Yes to confirm.
Note: If your console freezes for any reason, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off. Then restart the console by pressing the Xbox button again.
Solution 3. Make Sure That You Have Enough Storage Space to Install Xbox Game
The error “Xbox One game installation stopped” frequently occurs when there is insufficient storage space on your hard drive.
When your hard disk storage runs low, you’re typically notified. It’s feasible that you missed the notification on this occasion.
The following steps can help you increase the capacity of your hard drive:
- Step 1. To find your notifications on the Xbox console, press the Xbox button and then go to Notifications.
- Step 2. Check for any pop-ups or alerts about low hard drive space.
- Step 3. If that’s the case, you’ll need more disk space to install a new program.
You can also clear individual items from your hard drive with these steps:
- Step 1. On the home page, press the Right Trigger to open My games & apps.
- Step 2. Select Manage game or manage app from the menu on your console. Select the Game or App option from the Menu screen. nSelect Delete Game or Delete App to remove a specific game or application.
- Step 3. To do this, go to Internal Manage all and Uninstall all. You might need to repeat these steps multiple times in order to gain the required amount of space.
Solution 4. Check the Current Status of Xbox Live Services
The Xbox Live Cloud usually helps you save games and keep data in sync, but sometimes you might get the error message “installation stopped” if there are issues with Xbox Live.
You’ll have to wait for Microsoft’s patches to resolve this problem on the server side. It is, however, possible to quickly determine the current status of Xbox Live services by visiting Xbox’s official website.
Solution 5. Format the Xbox One External Hard Drive
An external hard drive can serve many purposes, one of which is storing games and applications to free up space on the internal hard drive.
Please format your external hard drive before using it for games and apps. However, this will wipe all its data so be sure to save anything important beforehand.
Importantly, not all external hard drives can store games and apps. An external hard drive that is able to store these items needs to have a 256GB capacity or more and use a USB 3.0 connection.
Solution 6. Check for the System Updates of the Console
If your Xbox One system is out of date, you might find that game installation is stopped. You may check for updates on your console by performing the following steps to see if there are any available.
- Step 1. To access the Guide, press the Xbox button on the Home Screen.
- Step 2. Go to the Settings and All Settings page. Then go down to System on the left pane and console information & update.
If there are any new updates that will be displayed at the bottom of the first column, they’ll show. You may try reinstalling the game after installing the most recent update.
Solution 7. Restore Your Xbox to the Factory Status
Sometimes, the installation process may go wrong owing to corrupt files. Performing a factory reset is the most simple and quickest technique to fix this issue.
Here’s how to accomplish it:
Note: Make sure you backup all of your files before doing a factory reset, as they will be deleted from the console.
How to Reset Xbox One Console
- Step 1: Press the Xbox button on your Home Screen to open up the Guide.
- Step 2: Scroll over to Settings and select All Settings.
- Step 3: Once in System, click on Console info & updates which should be located on the left pane.
- Step 4: Now press Reset console near the bottom of this page.
You will see two options pop up–“Reset and remove everything” or “Reset and keep my games & app” We recommend choosing the latter so you can reset without deleting any important files.
If the second option fails to fix the problem, you must choose Reset and remove all content. However, keep in mind that you’ll need to copy all critical data to another drive before resetting so you don’t have to download it again.
Solution 8. Install Xbox to Internal Hard Drive
It’s been reported that many users experience the problem “Xbox One installation has stopped.” When it comes to storing games on an external hard drive, there are certain difficulties that might appear.
If you’re in the same position, simply install the game to the internal hard drive and change the download location for all new downloads to the internal hard drive. The installation should then go without a hitch.
Solution 9. Use the Correct Xbox Account
A developer may choose to release a game for free with no advertising, to test the waters. Although Microsoft has been promoting their new cross-play system and Xbox Live sales, some people continue to be excluded. Many players who do not have an Xbox account are unaware that it is possible to play the game with someone else on another platform. If you’re having trouble playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, check out our troubleshooting guide!
Xbox One Installation Stopped FAQ
Will Xbox continue to download when off?
If you select the Instant-On Power Mode in the background, Xbox will continue to download updates even when it’s turned off. However, if you’re using an external hard drive and want to download updates only whenXbox is off, make sure to uncheck the box for When Xbox is Off and turn storage OFF..
How do you hard reset the Xbox one?
To turn your Xbox One off completely, hold down the power button for 10 seconds. The system will then restart and perform a hard reset. Once the cache has been cleared and settings have been reset, you will see a green start-up screen. All of your data will be preserved.
How do I setup my Xbox one without Internet?
Select System > Settings from the Home page. Select Network from there. Choose one by one until you are completely offline.
The best way to fix the “Xbox One installation has stopped” error is to try one of the solutions listed above. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to contact Xbox support for further assistance.