The future is bright, as tomorrow’s technologies allow you to accomplish things that were thought to be science fiction not long ago. The PS4’s Remote Play function is one of these things. It allows you to play your PS4 remotely on a variety of platforms, including the PS Vita, Windows PC, Sony Xperia smartphones, and Mac computers. You
Setting Up Remote Play
Before you can utilize Remote Play, you’ll need to acquire all of the necessary components to link your PS4 with a PC or other gadgets. Here’s a rundown of everything you’ll need:
- PS4 with a 3.50 System update or later
- DualShock 4 controller
- USB cable
- PS4 Network access
- Stable internet connection of at least 8 MB/s up and down
If you have headphones connected to your PC or Mac, you can use it to communicate with other PS4 players while playing online.
Enable Remote Play on your PS4 before connecting it to any other device, including your PC. Follow these steps to get it up and running:
- Ensure your PlayStation 4 is switched on and go to the Settings menu. Select the option labeled “Enable Remote Play.”
- After you’ve completed that, make sure the PS4 account you’re using is your primary one. In the Settings menu, go to ” PlayStation Network.” Then choose “Account Management” and look for a place where it says “Activate as Your Primary PS4.” Select “Activate.”
- You can now allow other devices to use Remote Play even if your PS4 is in sleep mode. To do so, go to the “Power Save Settings” page in the Settings menu and select “Set Feature Available in Rest Mode.” Make sure “Keep Connected to the Internet” is selected under “Network Must Be On.” Check both boxes marked “Allow Turning on PS4 from Network”
It’s now time to make the necessary adjustments on the other end, using your PC, after you’ve completed the preceding stages.
Connecting Your PC with the PS4
Here’s how to link your PC and PS4. Follow the instructions below to connect your system:
- Connect your PC to the same network as your PS4.
- On your PC or Mac, download the Remote Play software. After you’ve completed the installation process, launch it from the application menu.
- Get a USB cable and plug your DualShock4 controller into your PC.
- On a computer, go to the Remote Play section of your PlayStation®Network menu. Select “Start” after you’ve selected the computer on which you’d like to use it. The program will take a few moments to identify the PS4 linked to the same network. If the PS4 is in rest mode, it will turn on automatically.
- Sign in to the PlayStation Network from your computer.
- You can now use your PC to control your PS4. That means you can play any game on a computer with the same ease as on a console.
But you may use Remote Play on other PS4-certified devices as well. So keep reading to learn how to establish the same connection on your PS Vita or PlayStation TV.
Connecting Your PS Vita or PS TV with PS4
You can play PS4 games remotely on your PS Vita or PS TV. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn your PS TV or Vita device on and update it to the latest version.
- Connect the device to the PlayStation Network.
- To connect your PS4 and PS Vita, tap the PS4 Link button on your device. The system will search for your PS4 on the network. If you are using PS Vita on a separate network, you can still connect to your PS4 by syncing the devices first.
- If your PS4 can’t be found on the network, you have to look for it manually. Go to your PS4 and find the “Add Device Screen” feature. You’ll see a code you have to enter on the other device. Once you do that, the two devices will be synced.
- When you’ve completed everything, all you need is an internet connection to operate your PS4 remotely.
There are a few things you can do to guarantee that your gaming experience is as good as possible. Here are some of the things you can try in order to have Remote Play operate as it should:
- The minimum internet speed you need for this feature to work is 8 Mb/s, but you need at least 12 Mb/s if you want the games to work perfectly.
- To minimize latency and ensure that the connection doesn’t break mid-game, connect your PS4 to the home network using an Ethernet connection. This is especially significant if you’re using a device that isn’t on the same network.
- The hotspot function can be used with a Wi-Fi connection, although the signal strength is dependent on numerous things, so it’s rather restricted when compared to an Ethernet connection.
- PS Vita controls are different than standard PS4 controls. So, before you start playing, be sure to check the instructions in the settings menu. Some games have specific controls for Remote Play.
- If you want to use Remote Play on your PS TV, you should use the DualShock 4 controller. The DualShock 3 controller is not compatible with PS4 consoles.
Play Your Favorite Games from Anywhere
The Remote Play feature is popular with PS4 gamers all over the world. It lets you play your favorite games on other PS devices, no matter where you are. If you own a PS Vita, you can travel and play games remotely.
PS4 Pro versions offer the same features, but in full HD, while standard PS4s are limited to 720p. Have you ever played a game on the PS4 using Remote Play? What are your thoughts about this function? In the comment section below, tell us how you utilize it.