You can change your PSN login email, password, or ID on a PS4.
What You Should Know
- To change your name on your account, go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Profile > Online ID.
- To change your email, go to Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Sign-In ID.
- To change your password, press the Up button on the directional pad and select Settings > Account Management > Account Information > Security.
This article explains how to update your PSN name, email address, and password using the PS4 console.
How to Change Your PSN ID
PS4 users can change their PlayStation Network (PSN) display name through the console.
- To reach the icons at the top of the home screen on your PS4, press Up on the directional pad.
- To find and select Settings, go almost all the way to the right and look for a toolbox.
- Choose the menu option for managing accounts.
- Select your account information.
- Select Profile.
- Please enter your Online ID.
- When you are on the Important Information screen, be sure to read the warning. After that, select I Accept.
- Please press “continue.”
- There will be an option for you to enter your new Online ID. This will tell you how long you have been using your current Online ID and how much it will cost to change to a new one.
- The first Online ID change is free, but each subsequent change costs $9.99. If you need to revert to an old Online ID, that is always free. This might be necessary if you encounter compatibility issues with old purchases.
How to Change Your PSN Email Address
The PSN Sign-In ID is the email address linked to your PSN account.
To keep your PSN account up to date, change the associated email for your user ID and password. It’s simple and should be updated to the most frequently used email address so you can stay on top of information regarding your PlayStation Network account.
- To get to the Settings menu on your PlayStation console, press Up on the directional pad and then select Settings.
- To access your account, go to Account Management.
- Select the account information you want to view.
- Please enter your password.
- You will be asked to enter the email address you want to use with your PSN information. When you are ready, select Confirm.
- If you want to change the Sign-In ID of a sub-account, you will need the password of the primary account.
- Sony will send you an email to confirm the change of your Sign-In ID. Click or tap on the link in the email to verify your new address.
- You will get an official email at both your new email address and old email address to confirm the transfer once your new email has been confirmed.
How to Change Your PSN Password
The process for changing your PSN Password is very similar to the steps you take to change your Sign-In ID.
- To access the Settings menu on your PS4, press Up on the directional pad, then select Settings.
- Please go to Account Management.
- Please select your account information.
- Choose a security system.
- Watch the on-screen directions and fill in the blanks. You may be prompted to enter your Sign-In ID and current Password.
- If you’ve forgotten your old User Name or Password, follow the steps below to reset them. You’ll then be asked to re-enter your new password twice. Once you’ve updated it.
There you have it! Those are the steps you need to follow to change your PSN ID, email address, and password. Be sure to keep your account information up to date so you can always access your PlayStation Network account. Thanks for reading!