Have you been looking for methods to hide your IP address on PS4 and how to discover others’? Then you’ve come to the correct spot because we’ll be talking about ways to obtain a player’s IP address and ways to prevent it from being obtained.
Some of the methods to play and socialize with other game players similar to yourself include the PlayStation 4’s many players and game party. It is popular among a large number of gamers, who would rather not know you but still like it. Unfortunately, for some individuals, it does not go well.
There have been instances when you’ve lured someone to a game and then began receiving death threats because they know your IP address and will find you offline. Some will even go so far as to shut down your connection remotely using a DDoS attack. When it comes to playing games over the internet, there is the danger of cyberbullying, extortion, and actual assaults on the player or his computer.
In most of these situations, you’ll hear the word “I know your IP.” Are you concerned that a person who doesn’t have access to your computer may learn your IP address without telling him? It turns out that gathering someone’s IP address is one of the simplest methods to acquire personal information.
This essay has been written to assist you in gaming your favorite game on the PlayStation 4 console while remaining safe online. You’ll learn how to obtain any player’s IP address. You will also understand how to fake your own real IP address by using a proxy.
Why Would I Need to Find Someone’s IP Address on PS4?
Gamers frequently use their IP addresses to intimidate others. It’s a typical threat among gamers not to know how your IP address may be leaked. You’ll become alarmed if you don’t understand how your IP address is disclosed. Knowing how to prevent your IP address from being exposed and understanding how to protect yourself against it will boost your self-assurance as well as fear no one.
If you want to find out the player’s location in order to avoid frauds, you can obtain their IP address and use an IP lookup tool like IPlocation.net to figure out where they are. You can only get a rough idea with this method and cannot be accurate enough to assist you in finding the individual.
A terrible situation might occur when your IP address is stolen by a hacker. The majority of these threats to make you offline are simply used to intimidate you. What they can truly accomplish is launch a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack on your Internet connection, making it either slow or rendering it entirely unusable.
It’s possible that They Could Attempt to Prevent You from Playing a Game or Get an Advantage by Frustrating Your Network. However, you should be aware that in order to accomplish this, advanced hacking skills are required, and your IP address alone would not suffice. Unfortunately, you have no idea how good someone who sees you as a potential target is, thus why
Ways to Find Someone’s IP Address on PS4
As mentioned earlier, the PS4 console uses a P2P connection. However, the player’s IP addresses are hidden from other players.
However, it’s worth noting that your actual IP address may be obtained easily based on the technique used. There are a plethora of strategies for extracting your IP address from PS4. Take a look at some of the most common approaches below.
Using a PSN Resolver
The simplest approach to obtain someone’s IP address is to utilize a PSN Resolver to discover one’s IP address. There are several different PSN Resolvers on the market; one of the most popular, and free, is the PSN Resolver tool.
All you have to do is provide it with the PSN ID of any user, and it’ll return the IP address connected with such a PSN ID. A PSN ID is a PlayStation Network (PSN) ID that can be obtained by creating a PSN account. Whatever Resolver you select, follow these steps.
- To use the installable PSN Resolver, you’ll need to download and install it on your computer or smartphone. All you have to do if the tool is available online as a web-based tool is go to the URL.
- There’s an input area in the tool that allows you to type in anyone’s PSN. PSN IDs are public, so you may see the PSN ID of any person you play with or have been in a party with.
- Enter the PSN ID, and the tool will look for the user’s IP address using the PSN Resolver. Some PSN Resolver even supports looking up a user’s PSN ID if you know their IP address.
Another thing to know about PSN Resolver tools is that they aren’t always successful, and there are a lot of PSN IDs out there whose IP addresses can’t be resolved. You may try this tool first; if it doesn’t provide you the user’s IP address, you may then utilize any of the other techniques described below.
Monitoring/Sniffing Packets with your Computer
This process takes advantage of the fact that PS4 is reliant on a peer-to-peer connection – which means your IP address is passed directly to the other player, regardless of whether you can see it. Sniffing packets using an application like Wireshark might be helpful. Wireshark, on the other hand, isn’t available for PlayStation 4. There’s a technique discovered by one Reddit user (Zyniath). The strategy outlined by this individual is as follows.
- You can connect your PC to the Internet by using a Wi-Fi network or broadband.
- Connect your PS4 console to the PC using an ethernet cable and then enable connection sharing on your PC in order for your PS4 system to connect to your network. All data will travel through your PC before reaching your PS4 with a setup like this.
- Wireshark is a program that lets you see every packet of information that goes through your computer. This can be helpful in finding out the IP address of someone who is sending you spam or other unwanted messages.
Alternatively, if you have access to suitable equipment, you may mirror the packets entering your PlayStation 4 to a PC running Wireshark and then analyze them for the user’s IP address.
Using Grabify as an IP Puller
The approach outlined above will not always work for you, because PSN Resolvers aren’t very effective, and the other technique using Wireshark is complex to some users. The method of locating someone’s IP address using Grabify depends on social engineering – how you convince a gamer to click on a URL. The Grabify online application is a software that can be found online.
To do so, you must first shorten a URL using Grabify and provide the link to a person. Grabify will extract his IP address before redirecting him to the real IP address shortened after he clicks the link. The following is a step-by-step guide on how to use the Grabify tool.
- Get the content your target is interested in. You’ll be using it as bait for him to click, so make sure you have a valid URL. If he does not click, this approach cannot be used on him.
- Go to the homepage of the Grabify tool here and enter the URL of the page you want to track in the field provided.
- The first step is to confirm that you have a Google Ads account. Click on the “Create URL” button, and a shortened URL will be provided with a tracking code. You’ll use the shortened link as bait while using the tracking code to monitor people who click on it.
- If you would like to know more about your IP address, please visit the following link. Grabify will capture your IP address as you visit this website.
- Open the Grabify tracking code on your browser’s toolbar and go back to the Grabify homepage. Instead of clicking the generate URL button, click the tracking code button, and you’ll be given a list of all requests to the URL. Aside from the IP address, you’ll find out where they’re from, what kind of device they’re using, what operating system they’re running on, and more information about their browser.
Many developers would rather build their own PS4 IP grabber than use Grabify. This is due to people’s concerns about shortened URLs.
Some people would rather use tools to expose the real URL hidden behind a shortened URL and then access it. This implies that a user can avoid Grabify and still get to the information. You may always extract the IP address from the log if you own or develop a site that serves as an IP grabber.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on PS4
You can use any of the methods above to mask your IP address, whether you want it to or not. There are ways you may make it ineffective by spoofing your genuine IP with a different one. Proxies are an excellent way to hide your IP while playing PS4 online. You may get proxies from MyPrivateProxy, Blazing Proxes, and Highproxies.
FAQs About PS4 IP Finder
Can I Really Prevent IP Tracking on PS4?
Because the game is designed for a single player, it’s not possible to do so. Because your console must provide an IP address, you can’t avoid being tracked. You can simulate your real IP address by using a proxy or VPN server, which is something you may do in many countries across the world.
Is it Illegal to Find Someone’s IP without his Consent?
It may appear like a violation of privacy to discover a user’s IP address on the Internet without their consent. Finding one’s IP address is not illegal, and, sure enough, IP addresses are not private—they are public data supplied by every computer during communication. Its use for unlawful activities such as forcing an online gamer to close their router using a DDoS attack, on the other hand, is unethical and unlawful.
Why is Speed Important for Gaming Proxies?
Playing games online uses a lot of bandwidth, and you want to transfer it as quickly as possible to minimize lags. Proxies and VPNs are known to decrease Internet connection speed, so if you’re looking for a proxy service, go for ones with the best speeds possible in order to guarantee a lag-free experience while maintaining your IP address privacy – and such providers exist like MyPrivateProxy and Blazing Proxies.
Gamers are frequently identified by P2P downloading for the sake of threats, cyberbullying, and launching attacks on an opponent network. As a result, it’s critical that you understand how to perform that so you know the methods employed – as well as preventing yourself from utilizing any of them. It is critical I emphasize here that anything you do with the method is your responsibility, and we are not responsible for any harmful activity you undertake as a result of it.