Servers are down!
On May 4, 2022, Roblox players were perplexed and irritated after the game appeared to be out of print to many individuals across the world.
While the outage is inconvenient, the developers have provided an update on it and are working hard to find out what caused it. Roblox should be back up soon, but while you wait for the problem to end, here’s everything we know so far, including a direct statement from the developers about the situation.
Why Is Roblox Down Today? (May 4th, 2022)
You don’t have to worry about Roblox not working for you today (May 4, 2022). The problem is affecting players all around the world and appears to be a widespread outage.
Although this isn’t any form of scheduled upkeep, it does appear to be a problem on the developer’s end. The issue is presently being researched as we speak, thankfully.
Roblox Developers Respond To Game Not Working
On May 4th, 2022, at about 2AM EST / 7AM BST, the developers announced on their official Twitter feed that they had resolved the problem.
“Our team is aware that some of you are having difficulties accessing Roblox,” the company acknowledged. “We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Unfortunately, the Roblox developers have not provided a timetable for when the game will be restored. However, as they are well-aware of the outage, things should return to normal very quickly.
Please keep checking back for further updates, as we’ll be adding them to this article as soon as they become available.
Fan account @Roblox_RTC is reporting that the game is beginning to come back online for certain users, and may fully return by the morning (EST). However, as of 9:30AM BST, Some players are still unable to connect to Roblox. We will continue to update you with more details.
How To Fix Roblox Not launching 2023
Roblox is a lot of fun, but we’ve seen a lot of players report that it isn’t working. It just won’t launch, preventing people from playing the games. If you’re in the same boat, don’t worry! We have a few solutions that may work for you.
Here are some possible solutions.…
You don’t have to test them all; simply work your way down the list until you discover the one that works best for you!
Fix 1: Restart your PC
The first and most straightforward thing you could try is a restart of your PC. Many Roblox players have reported that after they restart their PCs, they are able to play. If rebooting your computer doesn’t work, move on to the next suggestion.
Fix 2: Check your browser
When you click to play a game on Roblox’s website, there should be a pop-up window that allows you to download the Roblox app. If the pop-up window does not appear in your browser, or if you don’t give permission for it to open Roblox, try using a different browser.
In addition, double-check to see whether your browser is up to date. Update it if necessary, then try the problem again. After they clear the cache in their browser, some players are also able to launch Roblox, so it’s well worth a shot.
If your browser doesn’t seem to be the problem with Roblox not working, try the next fix.
Fix 3: Reset your Internet options
To re-activate Roblox on your computer, follow the instructions below, but it has been shown to solve the Roblox not working problem in other browsers as well. Resetting your Internet options in Internet Explorer is as simple as following these steps:
- Open your internet browser. If it is not on your desktop, you can find it in the Start menu, or in the search bar next to the Start button.
- Open the Internet options menu by clicking the gear-shaped icon at the upper-right corner. Select Internet options from the drop-down menu.
- Switch to the Advanced tab, then click Reset.
- Check the option of Delete personal settings, then click Reset.
- Restart your PC to let the changes take effect.
Now you may continue to use the browser of your choice and attempt to resolve the problem. If this doesn’t work, consider trying the next remedy.
Fix 4: Check your proxy settings
When you connect to the Internet through a proxy server, Roblox may not function. Another typical reason for Roblox not working is that you’re using a proxy server for your Internet connection. Here’s how to properly set up your proxy settings:
- In the search box next to your Start button (or the Start menu), type proxy then click Change proxy settings.
- If you’re having trouble using a VPN, make sure User setup script and Use a proxy server are unchecked.
If this doesn’t work, there is one more option you can try.
Fix 5: Reinstall Roblox desktop app
After uninstalling the Roblox desktop app, many gamers were successful in getting it working again. Just make sure you remove the software completely before reinstalling it. Here’s all you have to do:
To uninstall the Roblox app:
- To begin, be sure all other programs are halted and not running in the background to avoid any unforeseen problems.
- Alternatively, to use the Run box on your keyboard, press and hold the Windows logo key along with R.
- Type control panel, then click OK.
- Switch to View by: Small icons, then click Programs & Features.
- Find Roblox, right-click it then click Uninstall.
To remove the Roblox folder:
- Press the Windows logo key and E to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:Users(Your Username)AppDataLocal
- Find the Roblox folder and delete it.
To reinstall the Roblox desktop app:
- Go to Roblox’s website and log in to your account.
- Choose a game you like and click the Play button.
- A warning message will appear on your screen when the Roblox app is being automatically downloaded.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed the app, check to see if the game is accessible yet.
If the automatic installation fails, you may get the Roblox app here.
Bonus: How to keep your PC in good condition so that you can have a better gaming experience.
Keeping your drivers up to date is one of the simplest PC maintenance strategies. Keeping your drivers up to date on a regular basis can help prevent many random problems that may occur.
You can either update your drivers manually or automatically.
- Manual driver update: You can use Device Manager to update your drivers. Just keep in mind that Windows doesn’t always provide you with the most up-to-date version, since its database does not get updated very frequently.
- Automatic driver update: If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer knowledge necessary to manually update your drivers, you can use automated driver identification software to do it automatically. It will automatically identify your system and locate the proper drivers for your PC and version of Windows, then download and install them correctly.
Hopefully, after reading this article, you were able to resolve your problem and can now go play Roblox! Please feel free to leave a remark if you have any further queries or ideas.